A morning roundtable event with BPE Solicitors & Optimising IT
Wednesday 13th November 2019 / 8.30am – 11am
BPE Solicitors LLP, St James House, St James Square, Cheltenham, GL50 3PR
As a growing firm your supply chain becomes more complex and harder to manage, and firms often rely more heavily on third party providers. This reliance and lack of visibility can mean your business is left exposed to invisible Cyber threats in your supply chain.
The ICO is cracking down, particularly on SMEs who have faced Cyber-security breaches, with hefty fines. Are you on top of your supply chain? Do you know how to effectively secure your data in the hands of third parties? Are your supply chain contracts air-tight and up to date? Do you know who would be responsible for a data breach?
BPE Solicitors and Optimising IT are collaborating to bring you a specialised breakfast briefing to equip you and provide guidance on best practice to help minimise your supply chain risks through technical and legal know-how.
During this round table discussion, we will be discussing the following and opening the floor to you, to share your experiences and lessons learnt:
- What measures can be taken to counter external threats – Phishing, malware, social engineering etc.
- How technology and supply chain audits can help assess and reduce your third-party risk.
- How up to date are your supply chain contracts?
- Is Cyber-security part of your Board’s agenda – if not, why not?
- What shape are your internal policies in?
- Do you understand the risks associated with your industry?
- Have you ensured that your terms and conditions protect your business and supply?
Agenda & Timings
Arrival, Registration, Tea, Coffee and Bacon Rolls
- 10.00am – 10.15am
Chief Technology Officer
- 20 years in IT, 12 working within Information Security related positions
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP, no. 540101)
- ISO27001 Lead Auditor
- Experience working within both Public and Private sector PCI DSS Expertise
- Holistic GDPR Consultancy and implementation for multi-site/multi-national Public and Private organisations
PARTNER, HEAD OF IT AND CYBER, BPE SOLICITORS
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 2006
- Worked in the IT sector for over 9 years
- Previously worked in-house for global IT services provider, DXC Technology and Norwegian mobile payments company, LUUP
If you are interested in attending any of our future events please register your interest here.