About the Company
Optimising IT provides IT managed services and consultancy, enabling businesses to harness the full benefits of technology to work in efficient and collaborative ways.
Optimising IT offers a friendly working environment where open learning, collaboration, feedback and support are encouraged. Working at Optimising IT is an ideal opportunity for anyone seeking to further their career and gain experience in a dynamic environment with other like-minded professionals. We believe in rewarding hard work and loyalty, and this is reflected in our benefits package.
These are exciting times at Optimising IT as we have adapted the business, coming out of the last 12 months with record growth despite global challenges.
Purpose of the Role
This role will work in partnership with our clients through offering first class project delivery activities, and escalated 3rd Line support, both remotely and on client sites. The role will involve direct contact with our clients at all levels from the board room to the shop floor. The post holder will need to work efficiently and professionally throughout their day, keeping customers and internal stakeholders updated at all times.
Although the role is a technical role first and foremost, with the post holder required to have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, a ‘can do’ attitude coupled with excellent customer service skills are also essential.
We are recruiting both Project-focused and 3rd Line Support-focused individuals for this hybrid role.
• Work with the project team to deliver projects on time, to the agreed standards of functionality and quality to our customers
• Attend regular project update meetings both internally and with our customers to update stakeholders on project progress
• Maintain appropriate documentation of project work and accurate records of work carried out
• Highlight any risks or issues that may impact delivery to the project team
3rd Line Support
• Provide 3rd line support via escalations from the Service Desk, as part of change delivery or in response to direct requests from the customer
• Identify the root cause of issues and, where appropriate, advise on suitable solutions or resolve as required
• Work with team members and the Senior Management Team on complex issues and incidents to provide appropriate service and resolution to the client
• Work with the Service Desk team on escalated issues, support and knowledge transfer
• Escalate issues to 3rd party software and systems suppliers where necessary
• Manage own workload to ensure deadlines, SLAs and budgets are met
• Work with customer in house support teams where applicable
• Provide guidance to customers on the best use of their IT Solutions
• Maintain the security of our own and our customers’ Information Systems
Core skills and behaviours around the role and how we expect it to be delivered.
• Delivers project work within agreed timescales and with a controlled approach to delivery, managing the expectations of key stakeholders throughout
• Uses experience to gather project requirements from stakeholders, end users and 3rd party technology providers
• Demonstrates a flexible approach to the ever-changing needs of our clients
• Produces high quality, accurate and detailed technical documents
• Applies experience gained to manage ad-hoc support workload appropriately, prioritising tasks and recognising the impact of issues on end users
• Maintains an appropriate level of communication with the project team, end users and 3rd parties throughout the lifetime of a project
• Maintains an appropriate level of communication with end users and 3rd parties throughout the lifetime of a support issue
• Approaches issues in a logical manner and takes ownership through to completion
• Escalates issues appropriately and in a timely manner, reflective of the impact and urgency
• Pro-actively builds own knowledge and experience to keep up to date with existing and emerging technologies
• Presents a professional and knowledgeable image of the company throughout all interactions
• Demonstrates an understanding of the commercial pressures of businesses and how their own actions can affect these
• Applies knowledge of Information Security to ensure all company and client data and systems are kept safe from threats
• Maintains an open approach to input from within the business and our clients’ businesses
• Shares knowledge with colleagues in an open and supportive manner.
• Demonstrates a flexible approach to the ever-changing needs of our business.
Skills and Qualifications
• Modern Workplace environments, including Windows 10, Intune, Autopilot and Azure AD
• Public cloud hosting – Microsoft Azure and AWS
• Windows Server 2012 / 2016 / 2019
• Office 365 and Exchange Online
• MS Exchange Server 2013 / 2016
• Networking – LAN, WAN, firewalls
• Wireless networks
• Virtualisation – VMware / Hyper-V
• Thorough understanding of Information Security best practices
• Understanding of ITIL best practices
• Cloud Antivirus
• Cloud managed networks
• Cloud managed telephony
• Experience in a managed services environment
• Cloud migration experience
• Mobile computing
Salary and Benefits
• 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:30
• Salary £competitive
• Leave starting at 24 days, plus public holidays, rising with length of service.
• Private Health cover
• Death in service cover
• The location of the role will be flexible, with time split between working from home and in the office.
• The role will involve travel to customer sites throughout the UK.
• Participation in the on-call roster may be required.
• Some overnight stays, evenings and weekend working will be required.
• Driving License and own transport essential.