Harnessing the power and flexibility of the cloud to give your business the edge.
Harnessing the power and flexibility
of the cloud to give your business the edge.
The power of the cloud
With business savings due to lower set-up costs than on-premise equivalents, the cloud offers increased speed, flexibility, security and resilience. Optimising IT deliver a wide range of cloud services including storage, hosted software, networks and backups.
Explore the individual cloud services offered by Optimising IT below…
Office 365 can help your business work smarter, increasing productivity and simplifying how your teams work together.
Benefits of Office 365
- Easy collaboration across teams
- Remote working with email and documents accessible from any device in any location
- Secure data, it’s backed up, with no need to manage on-site email servers
- Generous 50GB mailbox for each email user, making it unlikely that users will encounter size limits
We’ve successfully migrated thousands of users to Office 365, from small to enterprise sized businesses, and we use it ourselves every day, so we’ve got the experience needed to make your transition seamless.
If you’re unsure whether your business is ready to make the move to Office 365, we’ll review your current solutions for email and document sharing, along with your internet connectivity, to make sure that a move to the cloud is the right one. And if you’re not quite ready, we can help get you there.
Get in touch if you’d like to find out more about the benefits of Office 365 for your organisation.
Cloud-based antivirus solutions offer a host of benefits over traditional on-premise solutions:
Benefits of cloud-based antivirus solutions
- Cloud servers carry the load of processing, rather than slowing down the user’s computer
- They’re pro-active solutions, reducing the time between an issue being detected and protection being made available to users
- Scans are centrally managed, and updates are automated, meaning your protection is always kept up to date without manual intervention
- Very cost effective compared with a traditional software suite
Proven track record
We’ve implemented a variety of cloud antivirus solutions across a range of business sectors and are experienced in optimising the performance of these solutions. Our solutions team will use this experience to evaluate the most appropriate solution for your business to provide maximum protection and best value.
Get in touch if you’d like to find out more about the benefits of cloud-based antivirus for your organisation.
A cloud-based phone system offers a wide range of benefits to your business as the need for on-site infrastructure is eliminated, removing the hassle of maintenance and upgrades.
- They’re portable, allowing you access to your phone from anywhere, even from your smartphone
- They’re cost effective due to their flexibility and the lack of on-site hardware – No need for handsets on desks if you opt for a softphone solution
- Scalable, as your business grows, adding new users, numbers and even whole new sites through a web portal
- 99.999% reliability and industry leading service
- Resilient and available even if your offices aren’t accessible, meaning your Disaster Recovery (DR) plan is built in
We’ve implemented cloud-based phone systems for a range of customers and worked with a variety of suppliers, giving us a breadth of experience. We also use one ourselves – visit our offices and you’ll see our staff use discreet headsets to make and receive calls through the softphones on their laptops.
Get in touch if you’d like to find out more about the benefits of cloud-based phone systems for your organisation.
Backup to the cloud
Cloud solutions can be used to backup data from any location, on-site or cloud, to a secure data centre. This offers many benefits over on-premise solutions:
- The flexible nature of the cloud means your backup solution can scale as your business grows
- They are safe from physical threat because they are hosted away from your business
- Monitoring and alerting mean issues can be identified and investigated before they impact on disaster recovery
- Removes the need for manual intervention such as tape changes and storage – especially when 50% of tape backups fail
Tailored cloud backups
Having implemented cloud backups for many of our customers, our experienced team will design appropriately sized and scalable solutions for your business, offering you the best value.
Get in touch if you’d like to find out more about the benefits of cloud backups for your organisation.
In the event of a business-impacting disaster, you want to know that you can get your business back up and running as quickly as possible, reducing the impact on the service you deliver and ultimately on your bottom line.
Disaster recovery peace of mind
- Massively reduced recovery and restore times
- Scalable solutions that grow with your business
- Resilience to localised issues due to being physically remote from your business
- Regular disaster recovery tests – leaving you with no nasty surprises
- 24×7 invocation plans
We’ve created cloud-based disaster recovery solutions for enterprise-level businesses, giving them the peace of mind that comes from knowing their business can quickly get operational in the event of a major incident.
Get in touch if you’d like to find out more about the benefits of cloud-based Disaster Recovery for your organisation.
Cloud-hosted email signatures allow you to centrally manage the signatures that go out on all users’ emails. They give you the flexibility to implement rules and campaigns, allowing you to communicate a consistent, tailored message.
- There is no installation or need for any additional hardware on site
- They are fast and simple to set up and integrate fully with Office 365
- They can be managed from anywhere through a web-based UI
- Hosted in trusted, reliable and secure datacentres
We’ve implemented cloud-based email signature solutions that allow our clients to take complete control of the message they are sending out, including charity campaigns, special offers, seasonal messages and site-specific information.
Get in touch if you’d like to find out more about the benefits of cloud-based email signatures for your organisation.
Alongside the cloud services we offer, we also provide cloud hosting. This is typically delivered using either a datacentre or a service such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services.
As data becomes more and more central to the operation of businesses, the cloud offers a solution which is flexible, secure and easier to manage than on site servers.
When you need more space or processing power, cloud hosting allows you to instantly access it without the need for major investment in hardware. Equally, when you no longer need that space or processing power, your solution can shrink to fit, meaning you aren’t paying for what you’re not using.
Trusted datacentre partners and providers such as Microsoft and Amazon come with the assurance of the highest levels of security and resilience, so you can be assured that your data is in the safest of hands.
Get in touch if you’d like to find out more about the benefits of cloud hosting for your organisation.
Which Cloud is right for your business?
Public cloud covers services offered by third party providers over the internet and are available to anyone. This flexible solution may be sold ‘on-demand’ meaning the companies using them pay only for the CPU cycles, storage and bandwidth they need. This offers a scalable, collaborative, and cost effective cloud solution.
Benefits of Public Cloud
- No need to purchase, manage and maintain on site hardware and infrastructure
- Can be deployed more rapidly than on premise solutions
- Offer an infinitely scalable platform
- Employees can access cloud services from anywhere, making collaboration and sharing simple
- As secure as most private clouds, with a robust intrusion detection and prevention system
Private cloud covers services offered either over the internet or a private internal network to selected users only, instead of the general public. Private cloud computing gives businesses many of the same benefits as a public cloud, including scalability and self-service, along with additional control and customisation.
Benefits of Private Cloud
Private clouds can deliver a higher level of security and privacy through company firewalls and internal hosting to ensure that sensitive data is not accessible to third party systems providers. One consideration is that private clouds can require the same initial investment, management and maintenance as a traditional onsite data centre.
Private clouds can be combined with public clouds to create a hybrid cloud, allowing your business to leverage the best aspects of both.
A hybrid cloud is a combination of both public and private cloud services and allows data and applications to be shared between them. Non-sensitive data and operations can be hosted and provided cost-effectively in the public cloud while business critical applications and sensitive data can be kept behind a company firewall.
Benefits of Hybrid Cloud
You don’t need one or the other, you can adopt the best of both. Typical Hybrid Cloud environments incorporate hosting email in the cloud by leveraging the value and benefits of Office 365, whilst maintaining core line of business applications hosted on-sites, where the application performs better or is not suitable to be delivered in an ‘as a Service’ model.
Hybrid clouds offer a best of both worlds’ solution, allowing companies to take advantage of all the benefits of a public cloud’s flexibility, scalability and efficiency while also delivering the added security of data segregation offered by a private cloud.