Cyber is everywhere in today’s modern world, from the device you are reading this page on to the latest smart in-home appliances.
Cyber is everywhere in today’s modern world,
from the device you are reading this page on
to the latest smart in-home appliances.
The fast pace of cyber
In a little over twenty years, the internet has changed the way we conduct our daily lives, both at home and at work.
The mention of the word ‘cyber’ is enough to conjure up images of hooded attackers, typing commands on a keyboard at 2am, and with the amount of press coverage in mainstream media, you would be forgiven for thinking everyone knows everything about it.
Read our overview to learn a little more about what exactly ‘cyber’ is or choose a cyber service to start finding out how your business can benefit from cyber-security and reduce cyber-risks to your business.
A comprehensive onsite cyber-security review.
You know you need to do something about cyber-security, but where do you start? The first step in any journey is understanding where you are. In the context of cyber, understanding where your risks are right now, and importantly, what you need to do to reduce those risks is the first step on your cyber-security journey.
Our Cyber Fit service provides your organisation with a real-world view of how your current security approach stacks up against standards like Cyber Essentials and industry best practice and crucially, provides key advice about what actions to take to safe-guard your business.
One of our highly skilled and experienced consultants will spend up to a day onsite with your organisation, evaluating areas including:
- Security governance
- Network and systems security
- A vulnerability scan of your internal networks to identify any known security issues
We’ll provide a focussed report detailing key areas for improvement as well as the actions required to improve. The output from the vulnerability scan will be presented in a management friendly report, with the detail available for your technical teams.
Get in touch to find out how you can benefit from our Cyber FIT services and reduce cyber-risks to your business.
Everything you need to help safeguard your business from cyber-threats.
Managing cyber-security can be a daunting, exhaustive, full time job. With growing demand and a largely static skills base, the cost of employing appropriately skilled and experienced cyber-security staff is increasing.
Our Cyber 360 service provides the most robust cyber-security protection for your organisation, encompassing the entirety of our services including the following elements:
- Initial review and get fit activities – allowing you to understand your current security status and plan to improve
- Managed Governance, Risk and Compliance activities
- Ongoing technical security management across your entire Information systems portfolio
- Regular Technical testing (managed vulnerability scanning)
- Annual pen testing
- Managed patching
- Managed anti-virus
- Managed network security including firewalls, web filtering, IPS, advanced malware scanning
- 24x7x365 log correlation monitoring (SIEM), security operations, alerting and reactive security across your on-premise and cloud infrastructures
- Advanced email security
- Two-factor authentication
- Supplier Management
- Ongoing review and governance
- Breach detection and dark web analysis – Identifying a breach when it does occur, including the scanning the Dark Web for stolen data and credentials associated with your business
- External compliance assistance, including Cyber Essentials, Cyber Essentials plus, ISO27001 and PCI DSS
- Security control remediation – We can assist by providing project expertise to resolve any identified security issues e.g. system configuration and network changes
- Staff Cyber Awareness Training – Especially with over 92% of malware being delivered via email
Cyber 360 Highlights
Looking for a specific security solution to fill a gap in your current approach? All the components in Cyber 360 are available as stand alone, get in touch to find out how we can help reduce your cyber-risk.
Much like an MOT on your car, regular testing of systems is key to identifying known security weaknesses and addressing them, before the attackers can take advantage.
Cyber Test takes care of the technical testing of your environment across on-premise, user devices and cloud hosted systems.
We can provide pen testing, one off or ongoing vulnerability scanning services, technical security reviews or any combination to suit your needs:
- Internal and external infrastructure pen testing
- Web application pen testing
- Internal and external vulnerability scanning
You have cyber covered, but the first question on the latest tender asks what external security governance you have.
Cyber Essentials and ISO27001
Cyber comply can help you achieve, and crucially maintain compliance with Cyber Essentials and ISO27001.
Get in touch to find out how you can benefit from our Cyber Comply services and reduce cyber-risks to your business.
Whilst many organisations are just starting out on their cyber journey, others are more mature and have specific requirements or gaps that require external expertise to fill.
With Cyber Advance, we can provide a bespoke service to you, tailored to your specific needs:
- Information Security Management
- Virtual and fractional CISO services
- Staff technical training
- Security Architecture design
- Requirement definition, tender review
- Staff selection services
- Due diligence /acquisition activities
- Breach investigation and forensics
- Breach response services
What exactly is ‘cyber’?…
…and as a business owner, what do you need to do about it?
‘Cyber’ is nothing more than a great marketing term, used to brilliant effect to describe what is a complex and deep subject area. Cyber encompasses many things, but when we think about it in the context of preventing cyber-attacks, we are talking about Information Security.
Information Security is the art of protecting the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of information. The inverse is that we are trying to prevent the Disclosure, Alteration or Destruction of data.
Understand your risks
At its core, good Information Security practice is based on good risk management. The best place to start is understanding what your organisation risks are, then putting in place appropriate controls in order to reduce that risk. You can’t ever protect yourself 100%, but you can take practical and pragmatic steps to limit cyber-threats to your business, and it doesn’t need to cost you the earth.